11.14.2009

Samurai Fury (I had a Dream Continued)




Samurai Fury, the name influenced from the RZA more specifically 'Take the Sword Pt.III' (Afro Samurai Resurrection OST), 'Mantis' 'Holocaust' (RZA as Bobby Digital in Stereo). I'm pleased with the turnout as it is almost exactly how I imagined the character although it is lacking dynamic. I think I may cover this with some action sheets. I struggled with the lighting initially but with some help form the guys at work, they threw in some suggestion on how the character could be more defined through rim lighting etc. This led to me adding two extra lanterns in the background. I wanted the burning red sky to be so vibrant as this suggests the fury with in the character. As for the gun on his arm I was going to add some spent shells on the ground and some smoke off the barrel but the Samurai did not use the gun, he barely use his sword. I wanted his sheer presence to be so dominating because if there had been an suggestion of combat then it would have hinted to what actually happened in the fight, which I wanted to remain a mystery, until next time...


No comments: